Small Groups for Middle and High School Students
Middle and High School Small groups will be starting again on Sunday, January 31st! We are excited to meet safely and continue to grow in faith together!
4:00pm-5:00pm with choir following (5:00-6:00 p.m.)
5:00-6:00 p.m. with choir before (4:00-5:00 p.m.)
We ask that everyone sign up by January 27th so we can plan accordingly.
- HS Choir – Fellowship Hall
- MS Choir – Fellowship Hall
- Confirmation – Fellowship Hall
- HS & MS Small Groups – CLC and surrounding room in the CLC
Small Group FAQ
- How will social distancing & safety be handled? We will meet in the CLC and will disperse into small groups. Each group will have their own room and chairs will be placed 8 feet apart. Masks will be required at all times. Chairs will be provided and wiped down in between middle school and high school.
- How will small groups be divided? Once we see who signs up, we will divide the groups based on buddy preferences (each youth may choose a buddy to be in a group with). Most likely we will have two groups for middle school gals, two for middle school guys, two for high school gals, etc. It just depends on how many youth register and what their preferences are.
- How does choir factor into this plan? We’ve been working close with Casey Proch and our music department to make sure we’re in collaboration.
- What will the evening schedule look like?
**Dinner will not be provided**
- High School Small Groups: 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Genesis (Middle School) Choir: 4:00pm-5:00pm
- IXOYC (High School) Choir: 5:00-6:00pm
- Middle School Small Group : 5:00-6:00pm
- Confirmation: 7:00-8:00pm
- What if my student isn’t registered but shows up? Church is open to all. We are hoping to have as many youth sign up/register as possible to make it easier on our adult volunteers to plan for safe social distancing. It’s our hope that this model will also provide a small group feel of being cared for with good follow up if students drop from the radar. A family style feel within a large church structure.
- Who are the small group leaders? There will be two adults per small group to maintain our Safe Sanctuary policies. Some familiar faces and some new ones — Treasured young adults, parents, previous choir camp counselors, Sunday School teachers, staff, and more. Safe adults who care about our students and say “yes!” to creating a place to learn about Jesus.
- How can I sign my youth up? Click here to sign up!