Rummage Sale Volunteers
New Volunteers Needed
To volunteer to work at the Sale, you must be a church member or be sponsored by a church member.
Sponsor a friend:
- Members are encouraged to sponsor friends. Invite neighbors, co-workers and friends to experience the UMW Rummage Sale – working with you.
- Introduce them to the friendly people and hard-working spirit of this special Sale.
Pricers —Toys, Housewares and Home Stuff departments price items individually. Price items Monday–Wednesday.
*Sales Team — Work the cashier tables Tuesday–Friday. 3-hour shifts
- Cashier – Add items on a calculator.
- Collect money. Make change.
- Adder – Look up prices on the price list and call out prices to the cashier.
- Bagger – Pack/bag items. Mark items as paid.
*Department Co-Managers —Can you help organize/oversee a department? Most areas have 2-3 co-managers to share the task.
Tear Down Team — All the shelves, racks, hangers and boxes must return to storage on Friday afternoon. It is a big job and very busy from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* These positions are filled by church members.
Volunteer at the rummage sale and make new friends!
Must be a Birmingham or Berkley First member or sponsored by a member. Contact us!
To volunteer please call or text Jenny Williams cell 248-330-9620 / email@example.com or call the Birmingham campus Main office @ 248-646-1200.
Returning volunteers will be contacted by a Department Manager.
Did you know that at each Rummage Sale, the United Women in Faith:
- Donates 3-4 truckloads of usable items to charity.
- Recycles as much as possible
- Pays to dispose of 2+ dumpsters full of damaged items that cannot be sold, donated or recycled.