Weekly Worship on the Lawn
Grab your lawn chair and mask and join us on the front lawn at Birmingham First for our weekly outdoor worship service. There will be music, an inspiring message, and more! The service begins at 9:30 a.m.
Weather Alert: A notice will be posted on the church website on Sundays at 8:00 a.m. if the service will be canceled due to the weather.
Before You Arrive
In accordance with guidelines from the Oakland County Health Department, we ask that you answer the following questions before coming to any event at the church. Please screen yourself using these questions before arrival:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms? Note that just one symptom excludes you from entering the building.
- Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher (as measured by a touchless thermometer if available, but a verbal confirmation lack of fever is sufficient if a touchless thermometer is not available); OR
- Cough (excluding chronic cough due to a known medical reason other than COVID-19); OR
- Shortness of breath; OR
- At least 2 of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell and/or diarrhea (excluding diarrhea due to known medical reason), and extreme fatigue.
An affirmative response requires that you be excluded from church events.
- Have you had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19?
An affirmative response requires that you be excluded from church events until 14 days after the last exposure to the person with COVID-19.
Please use the restroom before you arrive.
Parking and Arrival
- Handicap parking available in the circle drive off Pleasant Street and on the east side of the building (access through the main parking lot off Pleasant Street)
- All others should enter the main parking lot from Pleasant Street; the east entrance off Maple will be blocked. You will be directed to parking.
- Access to the front lawn will not be available through the building.
What to Expect
- Please use the restroom before you arrive (Children’s Center bathrooms will be available for emergencies only)
- Bring your own chair or blanket
- For everyone’s safety, we ask that facial coverings be worn
- Bring your own mask
- Worship will include music, an inspiring message, and prepackaged communion
- The lawn will be marked to indicate socially distanced seating
- Disposable busy bags will be available for kids – please remember worship is for the whole family!
We understand that for many, our online worship services continue to be the safest option. That will continue at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday as well. Online or on the front lawn, we look forward to seeing you on Sunday! We’re blessed to have you as a part of the Birmingham and Berkley First family of faith.