Turn on the tv, open a newspaper, browse social media: everyone is talking about new ideas for expanding American healthcare coverage. As consumers and voters, it can be hard to know which option is best for our families, our neighbors, and our nation.
Healthcare Information Forum
Saturday, May 18
9:00 a.m. – Noon
Christian Life Center
This timely forum will help you make sense of Medicare-for-All; Medicare and Medicaid Buy-Ins; adding public plan features to private insurance; improving the Affordable Care Act (ACA); and other options discussed in the media.
We’ve gathered some of the best minds in Michigan healthcare policy to lead this discussion:
- Marianne Udow-Phillips, Lecturer, University of Michigan School of Public Health & Ford Policy School and Director, Center for Health & Research Transformation
- Eli Rubin, Topic: Michigan for Single Payer Healthcare
- Charles Gaba, Healthcare Policy Analyst, Topic: Medicare for America
- Jeremy Mahrle, Regional Manager, Office of Senator Debbie Stabenow, Topic: Medicare-at-50
- Sarah Reingold, Legislative Director, Office of Congresswoman Haley Stevens, Topic: Protecting Americans with Pre-Existing Conditions and Making Healthcare More Affordable
This event is co-sponsored by Fems for Change and Church and Society of Birmingham First.
Admission is free, but seating is limited.
This event is co-sponsored by Fems for Change, and Church and Society of Birmingham First.
Contact Richard Teets with questions.