Children’s Choirs & SPARK
Children and Youth Choirs
Young singers begin the journey towards making music for a lifetime by participating in our choir program. Combining excellence in music education with faith development, there is no program quite like this around. From weekly rehearsals to Choir Camp, to England Tours, our singers learn skills, make friends, and learn faith lessons that will last a lifetime. Don’t let your child miss out on these transformational experiences. For more information on Music Ministry programs for children and youth, and to learn more about how we are continuing to make music during this COVID time, please contact us at email@example.com.
SPARK meets weekly each Thursday 4:15-6:15 pm
All children age 3 – 5th grade can join us for an afternoon of joyful, yet socially distanced music-making at our newly adjusted time, 4:15-6:15 pm at Birmingham First. We will offer outdoor & indoor programming this fall with recreation, bible stories, fellowship, and singing. We will spend the majority of our time outdoors, but do have indoor plans if there is inclement weather. Participants are asked to bring a mask weekly & wear a mask indoors.
- Drop-off (4:15-4:30 pm) and pick-up (6:15 pm) will be on the Plaza/playground or in the Christian Life Center, depending on the weather. Parents will sign in their child at the registration table. Pick-up is an organized release of children to their adult, one family at a time.
- Outdoor programming will take place on our playground, front lawn, and Chambliss Garden.
- Indoor programming will take place in classrooms, Christian Life Center, Children’s Center, & choir room. All participants must wear a mask indoors.
- All families are asked to complete a Family Registration Form.
- Each participant must have a Medical Release form on file. If you have completed a medical release form since June 2021, you do not need to submit an updated form.
Childcare available for SPARK families – Families who have children attending SPARK, may register their infant and/or toddler sibling(s) for free childcare/programming in rooms 151/153. Register your child(ren) with our Childcare Coordinator, Trish Olevnik at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-806-1210.
Children’s choirs – Children may join the choir without attending SPARK. Parents can drop off & pick up their children directly to & from respective rehearsal spaces. All families are asked to complete a Family Registration form at the start of the school year to identify anticipated participation in programming. Participants are asked to bring a mask weekly & wear a mask indoors.
The schedule for Thursday children’s Choir rehearsals
- Cherub Choir is for preschoolers 5:15-5:45 pm
- Sonshine Choir is for JrK, kindergarten & 1st graders 4:30-5:15 pm
- Disciple Choir is for 2nd & 3rd graders 4:30-5:15 pm
- Covenant Choir is for 4th & 5th graders 4:30-5:15 pm
Outdoor locations for children’s choir rehearsal:
- Cherub & Sonshine Choirs will be in the Chambliss Garden
- Disciple Choir will be on the front lawn
- Covenant Choir will be in the Circle Drive
Indoor locations for children’s choir rehearsal:
- Cherub and Sonshine Choirs will be in room 221/223
- Disciple Choir will be in room 251
- Covenant Choir will be in the choir room
Calendar of Children’s Choir rehearsals & SPARK:
- Oct 7, 14, 21, 28
- Nov 4, 11, 18
- Dec 2, 9
- Jan 6, 13, 20, 27
- Feb 3, 10, 17
- Mar 3, 10, 17, 24
- Apr 7, 14, 21
- May 5