Cass Community Social Services provides a Christmas Store for the parents of 400 children in their residential and employment programs. The store allows the parents to get Christmas presents for their children.
The store runs on donations and they need you to help make this an experience of dignity and joy for the parents. The store needs new, unwrapped clothing and toys for children ages birth to 18.
Clothing Donation Suggestions – Essentials are critical to parents. Please donate new clothing – all sizes needed:
- Winter coats & snow pants
- Sweatshirts, t-shirts & sweatpants
- Underwear, undershirts and socks
- Please avoid: hand knit items
Gift Ideas that parents & kids enjoy:
- Teenager gifts- gift cards (Subway, CVS, McDonalds, AMC movie passes), purses, jewelry and gym bags
- Small play sets -independent play (age 4-10)
- Basketballs & footballs- (not soccer balls)
- Dolls, Matchbox car sets, Superhero toys and toys for toddlers/2 year olds
- Please avoid: stuffed animals, play-doh, puzzles, & family games
- Do not wrap your donations; parents can then see what they are selecting.
- New items only for “store-like” feel.
- Consider purchasing for teenagers.
- Additional needs: wrapping paper, tape, shopping bags with handles, and extra large sturdy garbage bags for transporting gifts.
Deadline to Drop Off Gifts: Friday Dec. 15th
Birmingham First Missions Office – Room 208
Place in Cass Store Box
CCSS World Building
11745 Rosa Parks Blvd.
Detroit, MI 48201
If you have a large number of donations, pick-up can be arranged: 313.883.CCSS
For more information, please contact Karla Bole.