Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, nearly 4,000 blood drives have been canceled, amounting to over 60,000 units not available for patients.
The need for blood has greatly increased.
We need your help.
Birmingham First along with Versiti, (Michigan Blood) a non-profit organization, will be hosting a blood drive on August 4.
Birmingham First Christian Life Center
Click here to register.
- We will also be collecting double red units if you are able to give.
- Versiti Blood/Michigan Blood is adhering to CDC standards and will be working with the church to ensure that all precautions are taken to make this a safe environment as it relates to coronavirus.
- For everyone’s safety, we ask that facial coverings be worn
- Bring your own mask
Before You Arrive
In accordance with guidelines from the Oakland County Health Department, we ask that you answer the following questions before coming to any event at the church. Please screen yourself using these questions before arrival:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms? Note that just one symptom excludes you from entering the building.
- Fever of 100.4 degrees or higher (as measured by a touchless thermometer if available, but a verbal confirmation lack of fever is sufficient if a touchless thermometer is not available); OR
- Cough (excluding chronic cough due to a known medical reason other than COVID-19); OR
- Shortness of breath; OR
- At least 2 of the following symptoms: chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell and/or diarrhea (excluding diarrhea due to known medical reason), and extreme fatigue.
An affirmative response requires that you be excluded from church events.
- Have you had any close contact in the last 14 days with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19?
An affirmative response requires that you be excluded from church events until 14 days after the last exposure to the person with COVID-19.