45 Christians Summer Mission Trip 2018
You are the Light of the World
Community service, fun & fellowship! Bring a friend along!
WHO: All third, fourth & fifth graders; friends are welcome; Parent volunteers with siblings are welcome.
WHEN: July 15 at Sunday school 9:30-11:30 AND July 16, 17, 18, & 19, 2018
WHAT: Each morning we will serve God’s children in Detroit or Pontiac and then in the afternoon we will enjoy fellowship in the city.
WHERE: Meet at Birmingham First
- Sun., July 15 – 9:30-11:30 am: Meet in our main kitchen to make & pack 300 sack lunches.
- Mon., July 16 – 8-3 pm: Central United Methodist Church (prepare & serve lunch), eat a rooftop lunch from American Coney Island & take a walking tour of downtown Detroit.
- Tues., July 17 – 9-3 pm: Lighthouse in Pontiac (various tasks), pizza lunch and a pool pizza party at Woodside Athletic Club.
- Wed., July 18 – 9-3 pm: Redford Adlersgate Church – Brightmoor Campus (help in Free Store, community garden & paint boards), bring bagged lunch for picnic with devotion, a visit Downtown Redford.
- Thurs., July 19 – 9-4 pm; Board up abandoned houses in Brightmoor w/ adult support followed by a day of fun on Belle Isle (tours, playground, big yellow slide, hike, beach, etc…); Bring bagged lunch.
- Labeled water bottle
- Sack lunch on Wed. & Thurs
- Donations for Brightmoor Free Store on Wed
- Bathing suit & towel on Tues
- Snacks & water will be provided each day
- Online registration by 6/28/18 (sorry no exceptions)
- Registration for students is now full. Registration for volunteer chaperones is still open.
- Click here to register as a chaperone or sibling
- Must print off Liability and Release form to sign & turn in by 7/9/18.
- Cost is $35 per 3rd, 4th & 5th grader; Do Good t-shirt is $10
- Cost for Siblings & Parents:
- American Coney Island lunch & treat on Monday is $10 per person
- Pool party Tuesday is $5 per person
- Downtown Redford visit Wednesday is $5 per person
- Belle Isle fun Thursday is $10 per person
Email – Kim Bowyer, Elementary Coordinator, in the Children & Families Ministries office or call 248-646-6407 ext. 3134