Upcoming 2017 Delivery Dates:
- January 14, 2017
- March 11, 2017
- May 13, 2017
- July 15, 2017
- September 16, 2017
- November 11, 2017
Every second month, some of our church members commit an hour or two (depending upon the specific delivery route) on a Saturday morning to deliver boxes of staple foods to those in need. The recipients are primarily seniors, low income, disabled, alone, or without transportation, all living in the Pontiac area.
- Our volunteers meet at Baldwin Center in Pontiac between 8:00 and 8:45 a.m.
- We meet in the parking lot just north of Baldwin Center. (Map)
- Kathy Nauer assigns each volunteer team of two people a route for their deliveries.
- Each team loads their car with the boxes of food and picks up a route map showing where to deliver the boxes.
- The teams deliver boxes to about a dozen homes, finishing their deliveries about 10:30 a.m.
- Volunteers do not need to commit to deliver on every date.
- All our volunteers are contacted about two weeks before a delivery date to determine if they are available for that date.
To learn more about this project and other projects sponsored by Focus Hope, click here.
For additional information, contact Bev Richardson.